A DAY OF CONTEMPLATION - 11.03.2021
November 3, 2021
Good Wednesday morning. I'm author Richard V. Rupp, writing from Burbank, California. Welcome to RUPP'S NOTES/FBI SPECIAL AGENT HARTMAN SERIES posts.
This post will be a short one. I'm going to be taking some time to contemplate where the plot of my novel SKYWARD is headed. You will understand why when I mention it involves addressing the following –
- Normal (the expected), New Normal (direction), or Abnormal (unusual, troublesome) – At the moment, my mind says "abnormal" for a long time
- Critical Race Theory
- Expansion of tribalism
- Wealthy white men wanting to go to space to escape things on this list. Maybe even establishing their own space colonies.
- Climate Change (less landmass, less food production)
- Survival of the Fittest (overpopulation)
- Discrimination based on education, fitness, mental aptitude, age, like-kind (There may be some outliers to this, say an old-school FBI Agent like Dick Hartmann) Maybe a form of Eugenics
- STEM vs. Liberal Arts (Political Science, History) values (which do you follow or believe in the most?)
- Changing monetary system
- Lack of faith in government (particularly law enforcement)
Here's what Google says when you ask what people are thinking about – "It is generally acknowledged that in the world today, there are potentially calamitous problems relating to environmental destruction, resource depletion, global warming, and overpopulation. The natural resources of this planet, its forests, fisheries, and croplands are already being used at such a rate that is unsustainable."
I know that list could take years to digest, but I'll be back with something on Saturday.
I'd be interested in knowing what you are thinking about. Hopefully, something fun that distracts you from my list.
I really hadn't planned on writing a Horror Story. Maybe I can give it a positive twist. A new frontier. Or maybe not. You will have to wait to see.
Richard V. Rupp, Author
Website – www.richardvrupp.com
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright©2021 by Richard V. Rupp