FOCUS MODE - 12.08.2021
December 8, 2021
Good Wednesday afternoon. I'm author Richard V. Rupp, writing from Burbank, California. Welcome to RUPP'S NOTES/FBI SPECIAL AGENT HARTMANN SERIES posts.
This morning I've got newsletter writers' block. I've gone through the stacks of material sitting on my desk, and nothing is popping into my brain that is worthwhile writing about. The fact that they are testing the fire alarm system in my building is also not helping.
As I sit here looking at a blank screen, I note at the bottom of it the word "focus." By the way, like most writers in Hollywood, I use Microsoft Word. When I clicked on the "focus," I got a very white page to write on, centered in a totally blank black background. According to Microsoft, the "Focus mode hides the taskbar, and the ribbon and only shows your Word document, which reduces distractions and helps you focus on the document." Who knew?
Thank you, Microsoft, but focusing on a black document just didn't work for me. At least this time. So I'm going back to working on (or focusing on) the manuscript for my novel SKYWARD. Here are a few of the plot ideas from the stacks of material I'm looking at –
- We are going to follow Noah's plan for his ark and have the colony populated 2 by 2, one female for each male.
- Hopefully, we will have established a self-correcting society and have an unusual social structure.
- Galactic cosmic rays are one of the most critical barriers standing in the way of plans for interplanetary travel by crewed spacecraft.
- New measurements of the strength of space radiation from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter show that cosmic rays can cause significant chemical alteration on the moon's surface.
- Here's a good sign for alien hunters: More than 300 million worlds with similar conditions to Earth are scattered throughout the Milky Way galaxy.
SKYWARD it is today. Until it gets published, you may want to check out my novels DEATH & TAXES and DEATH ON THE HIGH SEAS. Both are available at Amazon.com.
You may want to check out the Microsoft Focus Mode. It may work better for you than it did for me.
Richard V. Rupp, Author
Website – www.richardvrupp.com
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright©2021 by Richard V. Rupp